Access Keys:

St Joseph's NS Mardyke, Cork

Parental Complaints

In St. Joseph’s N.S. we strive to ensure that every child is cared for and is happy in the school. We would always encourage parents/guardians to inform the class teacher of any issues/concerns that they may have in relation to their child’s well being in school. Here are the procedures if you do have a complaint.

  • If you’re worried about your child in St. Joseph’s or you have a complaint about the school, your child’s class teacher is the best person to approach first for an informal discussion.
  • If your complaint is about a staff member (excluding the principal), you should contact the school principal.
  • Complaints regarding the principal should be directed to Board of Management.

How do I contact my child’s teacher or school principal?
Teachers will usually be in the classroom during the day, but you can leave a message with the school office asking the teacher/principal to contact you, or write a note in your child’s journal.

What if I am not happy with the teacher’s response?
If the teacher can’t help, or if you are not satisfied with their response, you can talk to the principal of the school. You should be able to arrange a meeting or a telephone conversation through the school’s office.

What if I am not happy that the school principal has resolved my problem?
If you can’t resolve a problem informally, you may follow the Agreed Parental Complaints which is available on the National Parents Council Primary Website.